Tuesday, May 5, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Outlined Holo

Hello lovelies!

I have a quick post for you guys today. I'm done with all of my classes but I have a bunch of final projects that I need to finish up.

So, let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, orange, holo, rectangles, hey darling polish, lynbdesigns, indie polish

I just realized that I rarely ever wear orange nail polish. Weird....





nails, nail art, nail polish, orange, holo, rectangles, hey darling polish, lynbdesigns, indie polish

Here's what I used:

This week's themes for the 52 Week Challenge are orange and outlines. I mentioned yesterday that I'm trying to use my indies more, so today's post features a Doctor Who inspired orange holo! For my outlines, I decided to a geometric design with rectangles.

nails, nail art, nail polish, orange, holo, rectangles, hey darling polish, lynbdesigns, indie polish

1. Start by applying two coats of Am I Ginger?
2. Using acrylic paint and a striping brush, paint on the rectangles. Make sure to overlap the different colors because I think that's the most interesting part.
3. Clean up and finished everything with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, orange, holo, rectangles, hey darling polish, lynbdesigns, indie polish

I'm not really sure how I feel about these nails. On one hand (I made a pun hehe,) I love how sparkly Am I Ginger? is, but I don't think the color looks all that great on me. The rectangle colors don't really go with the polish either, but like this design!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: