Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: 3rd Anniversary Recreations #3

Hello lovelies!

It feels weird to be posting on a Sunday. I haven't blogged much this month which means that I've fallen behind on getting some of my challenge manicures up, hence this random post.

I like these nails though, so let's get to the polish!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, roses, polka dots, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, freehand

Brownie points to whoever can figure out what blogger I decided to mimic today!



nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, roses, polka dots, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, freehand

Here's what I used:


Any guesses? Maybe? Okay, well, if you don't know, I recreated a look from A Girl And Her Polish! Katee does such an awesome job running The Nail Challenge Collaborative group, that I felt like I needed to do one of her designs as my way of saying thanks. I love being a part of this group, and I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've joined! This look came from the tea party theme we did back in August (it was one of my favorites!)

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, roses, polka dots, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, freehand

These nails started with two (or three) coats of Rayne. I then used my dotting tool and Wisp to add on all of the polka dots. After letting the dots dry for a while, I went back in my detail brush and acrylic paint to add the roses. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, roses, polka dots, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, freehand

Katee is one of the queens of stamping, so I was a little nervous about picking one of her designs since I work mostly freehand. But, I think these turned out great and I got a lot of compliments on these which is always lovely!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: