Monday, March 30, 2015

Glittery blobs

Hello lovelies!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are prepared for the week! I've spent pretty much my entire weekend doing homework and I still feel behind. Blah. It'll all be worth it in the end though! (:

So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, glitter. indie polish, blobs,

Glittery, blobby nails? Cool!




nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, glitter. indie polish, blobs,

Here's what I used:


Have any of you guys tried doing the "smooched" saran wrap manicure or whatever its called? The one where you put some blobs of polish on your nail and then use saran wrap to smooch it around. I bet all of you that have tried it have had fabulous results unlike what I've got going on here... These nails were definitely one of those instances where I tried something new but it didn't work so I covered it in a pretty glitter. Ah well...can't win them all. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, glitter. indie polish, blobs,

These nails started with two coats of Neely. When that dried, I added some "puddles" of the other polishes on my nails and used saran wrap to press the polish around my nail. I wasn't happy with my results and added a layer of Sea Bubbles before finishing these with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, glitter. indie polish, blobs,

All of the manicures that I've seen using this technique have been gorgeous (for example, Doctor Crafty's Elie Saab manicure. Beautiful, right?!) This is definitely something that I need to try again. Contrasting colors might work better next time. At least Sea Bubbles is pretty!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: