Tuesday, March 10, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Kids TV

Hello lovelies!

I hope you are all having a decent week so far! It's day two of my break but I really need to sit down and get some work done soon, because I'm slacking.......and seriously, there's no time to slack right now.....meh.

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, rugrats, chuckie finster, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, studs

Who can guess what kids' television show these nails are inspired by?




nails, nail art, nail polish, rugrats, chuckie finster, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, studs

Here's what I used:


Did you guess, did you guess, did you guess? Well, if not, it's the Rugrats! More specifically Chuckie Finster! This was a really hard prompt to think of something for but I'm happy with what I came up with. My "non-US" brand side of the theme is a little weak but I don't own any polish from outside the US, so I used studs from Born Pretty Store which are from China. Works for me!

nails, nail art, nail polish, rugrats, chuckie finster, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, studs

These nails started with two coats of Wait N' Sea and a layer of Glossy Glam. I then used Josie and the bottle brush to paint on the pants. When that had dried, I used my detail brush and Tilda to paint on the rectangle pattern. The studs were added onto a little dot of wet topcoat and I painted over them with acrylic paint. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, rugrats, chuckie finster, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, studs

I thought these turned out so cute! These didn't get worn for very long but they were fun while they lasted. I used to love watching Rugrats when I was younger, and I remember that I would watch the Rugrats Movie over and over and over again even though it made me cry every time. I'd still probably cry if I tried watching it now......and this is probably why I basically only watch mystery-thriller or horror movies now....hm...weird....


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: