Tuesday, February 3, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Black + Blue Florals

Hello lovelies!

Now that the 31 Day Challenge is over, it's time to get back to the 52 Week Challenge! Kind of weird how the 52 Week Challenge sounds way more intimidating but it's the 31 Day Challenges that kick your butt...or maybe that's just me. Anyways, I'll be combining the two themes for each week again.

Onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, flowers, floral, black, sparkle, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

Blue nails and flowers? These themes couldn't be anymore perfect!




nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, flowers, floral, black, sparkle, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:


There's no inspiration link to share with you guys today because I kind of just winged these nails.  I knew that I wanted to add a bit of sparkle to my base to liven up the pale blue base, and I thought that black flowers would be a nice contrast.

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, flowers, floral, black, sparkle, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

These nails started with two coats of Kristen and a coat of Iocaine Powder. I then used my detail brush and black paint to add on the flowers. The dots were also done with my detail brush and white paint. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, flowers, floral, black, sparkle, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

I loved these nails so much! The contrast of the sparkles from Iocaine Powder and the muted blue was really pretty when in direct light. I really like that Iocaine Powder looks good over lighter bases as well as dark colors!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: