Wednesday, January 14, 2015

N.A.I.L Linkup - Rubber Duckies

Ello!

I'm back with another post for you guys! Have you guys heard of the Nail Art Ideas Linkup? Every month the ladies from Brijits Digits, Craftynail, Eeeek Nail Polish!, and Nail That Accent! come up with a few different nail art ideas for each week of the month. There's a linkup so everyone can share their work with each other. I participated for most of last year and decided to take part again, even though I skipped the first "Marsala" theme because I don't have a marsala colored polish.....yet...it's in the mail...thank you Zoya sale!

Alright! Enough talking, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, rubber duckies, ducks, hey darling polish, watermarble, blue, glitter, neon,

When I started this blog, I never imagined that I would be painting rubber duckies on my nails. But I did it and they're kind of cute!






Here's what I used:


I think these nails were really just an excuse to do a watermarble...maybe...I did get to try out my new neon acrylic paint with these! They're exactly like nail polish though and need a white base to actually show up on your nail. We'll see how much use I actually get out of them.

nails, nail art, nail polish, rubber duckies, ducks, hey darling polish, watermarble, blue, glitter, neon,

These nails started with two coats of At Vase Value. I then taped off my fingers and used the other blue polishes for my watermarble (I didn't do any specific design and just swirled the colors around.) When that had dried, I added a layer of Monet and a layer of HK Girl. I started the ducks by painting a base shape with a pale yellow, which I then went over with the neon yellow. The little bows and eyes were added last, and followed with another layer of HK Girl.



I have to admit that I wasn't super happy with these when I finished painting them but seeing the photos, I think these turned out alright! I wish that the ducks were a little smaller but the bows are so cute!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: