Saturday, January 17, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Recreate A Mani By Your Favorite Blogger

Hello lovelies!

How is everyone's weekend going so far? My day will be spent doing laundry and packing, so I can leave for school tomorrow. Woo, fun...not really haha!

Anywho, onto the nails

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, floral, hey darling polish, indie polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers

Who can guess which blogger I chose to honor today?




nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, floral, hey darling polish, indie polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers

Here's what I used:


Okay, so if you couldn't figure it out, I decided to recreate one of Debbie from The Crumpet's designs! I wouldn't be doing this challenge if it weren't for Debbie haha. I love how involved she is with all of her Facebook groups and the challenges that she runs. I also really admire her for taking a break when she needed to so she wouldn't burn out completely. This whole blogging thing can get really stressful at times, and I think I realized from reading her posts about blogger burnout that everyone needs to take some time off at some point. I probably should take some time soon with this upcoming semester of college being my last....and the fact that I've been putting the blog before my homework....but you know, I don't know.

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, floral, hey darling polish, indie polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers

Anyways, I remembered this floral design that Debbie painted a while ago and decided to recreate it. I used three coats of Friends Come In All Sizes as my base, because I don't have a purple like the one she used. The flower petals were added on with Wisp and just the brush from the bottle. I added on a little dab of Jules for the centers and followed that with the Purple Panic polka dots. The leaves were the last thing to be added before I added a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, floral, hey darling polish, indie polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers

I like how these turned out, and it was nice to do a design where I wasn't so worried about everything being perfect! I do wish I had used top coat in-between the base and my flowers because the color bled and turned my flowers purple. But regardless, these were fun to wear!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: