Sunday, January 25, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Complement & Contrast

Hello lovelies!

I don't have much of an introduction for today's post.

So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, hey darling polish, blue, contrast, complement, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I'm so ready for Spring and bright colors!




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, hey darling polish, blue, contrast, complement, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


This was another challenge prompt that confused me when I was trying to come up with ideas. But luckily, I thought of the different color relationships and the split-complementary scheme was exactly what I needed. The blue and green complement each other while they contrast the orange! The design was inspired by this pattern by Elsa Boch!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, hey darling polish, blue, contrast, complement, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with two coats of Ling and a layer of Glossy Glam. I then used my detail brush to paint on the larger orange dots. Those were followed by the green dots and another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, hey darling polish, blue, contrast, complement, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I really loved these nails and these definitely made me happy during class! This was also the first manicure that I did with my new bottle of Glossy Glam. I just started using it but I'm happy with it so far. It's a bit thinner than what I'm used to (HK Girl and Elemental Ward) but it doesn't smell as bad as some other quick dry topcoats (HK Girl and Seche Vite). I was planning on trying out a bunch of different topcoats before settling on a favorite again, but I'm liking this one along with Rica's cuticle oil pens!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: