Tuesday, October 21, 2014

52 Week Challenge: 70s Wavy Stripes

Hello lovelies!

My posts just keeping going up later and later. Blah, my bad guys. 

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, 70s, wavy, wavy stripes, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

Yesterday, we visited the 80s. Today, we're visiting the 70s (or at least my attempt at the 70s) woo!




nails, nail art, nail polish, 70s, wavy, wavy stripes, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

Here's what I used:

Today's nail art was inspired by this pattern. The pattern links back to a site called Wallpaper From The 70's (welp, that would have been a good place to look for ideas....) but I can't find it on the site. But you all need to go look at the wallpapers! Some of them are so cool and I want all of them on my nails....like right now....I better start painting....

nails, nail art, nail polish, 70s, wavy, wavy stripes, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

I started these nails with two coats of Echo Park and a layer of HK Girl. Using my striping brush and acrylic paint, I freehanded on the stripes which I just did randomly and didn't worry too much about whether or not it looked like the original. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, 70s, wavy, wavy stripes, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

My nails don't look the original design but I really liked these! This was actually the design I wore during my presentation last week which went pretty well, so yay, this might just be my good luck nail art design haha.


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









23 comments:

  1. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM

    this is so awesome! I absolutely love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some fun wavy stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the pattern your own! It looks 70's and Dr. Suess--y and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! They color combo is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you used! Has a bit of a retro feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder they brought you luck, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of this! The pops of color over the grey base is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see this as 70's tshirt print. The colors you used are perfect to for 70's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha they were definitely helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pattern again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!
    I love your nails! This mani looks great ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete