Monday, September 29, 2014

New To Me Indie!: Yume Lacquer - Moonlight Defender Collection (Partial)

Ello again!

And look, I'm back with another post! I know three posts in one day is a lot but I wanted to get this review up because I felt bad for how long it was taking me. So, not only did you get a bunch of neat nail art but now you get some swatches from a new to me indie to look at. It's Yume Lacquer time! 

*All swatches are shown with one coat of HK Girl






pink lady, pink, texture, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

First up is Pink Lady, which was inspired by Sailor Chibimoon! I'm showing you guys two coats of this bright, iridescent glitter filled, pink polish. The formula of this polish was a bit thick and I found that it could get a little clumpy the longer the bottle was open, but I didn't have any issues with applying it. 

pink lady, pink, texture, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

I'm not sure if this polish was intended to be textured but even with one coat of top coat, it still felt a little bumpy.  It does dry to a matte finish but it dries super fast. I'm not a texture fan but you could wear this with or without topcoat and it'd still be lovely! Pink isn't a color that I reach for regularly but I've been painting my friend's nails and she loves pink so I'm sure she'll want to wear this!

pink lady, pink, texture, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

Next up is Flame Warrior!
flame warrior, sailor mars, wine berry, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

Flame Warrior (inspired by Sailor Mars) is a wine berry colored polish that has a purple shimmer (they kind of look like small flakies) running through it. I ended up using three coats with this one because I found it to be a little patchy, but this was another polish that dried really quickly so there wasn't really any extra dry time needed.

flame warrior, sailor mars, wine berry, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

I was honestly shocked at how much I liked this polish! This isn't a color that I would normally reach for but I loved wearing it and I just realized it matches a lip stain that I bought recently haha. Now I can be matchy-matchy because I think that's cool? Maybe, right, I don't know. Anyways, I did find that this polish also gets a little clumpy the longer the bottle is open and it seems like there are some spots of unmixed pigment in it, but I really like this color so it doesn't bother me any!

flame warrior, sailor mars, wine berry, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

Last up is Turbulent Space!
turbulent space, blue, navy, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

I'm showing you guys two coats of Turbulent Space which is inspired by Sailor Uranus. Turbulent Space applies more like a jelly but I thought it had the best formula of the group. This dark navy polish has black specs in it that make the polish textured. I didn't know that this was intended to be a textured polish so I topcoated it, but Amanda is looking into reformulating this polish because some other bloggers had trouble with the texture applying evenly. 

turbulent space, blue, navy, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

At first I had no what these polishes were inspired by so I immediately assumed that this was a Doctor Who polish but I learned my lesson that not every blue polish that references space is inspired by the Tardis haha. Regardless, I like the color of this polish! I'm not a fan of the texture trend so I would prefer if the black specs were flat but I think if I had added another layer of topcoat, this would have been smooth. I also want to note that I wore two coats of base coat when swatching this because I read that it stains and I did experience some staining where this touched my cuticles. 

turbulent space, blue, navy, nails, nail polish, indie polish, yume lacquer, hey darling polish, sailor moon, swatches, review

Here are some macros:


For this being my first experience with this brand, I'm happy! Even though two of the polishes are textured which I personally dislike, that's my personal opinion. For people who love textured polishes or love Sailor Moon, I'm sure you'll love these! Pink Lady and Flame Warrior dried super quick which is nice and I love the dark blue color of Turbulent Space. I'm also a big fan of this brands presentation, the white labels look great over the polishes! These polishes are all available now and full size bottles are $10 while mini sizes are $4. Here are some of her links:


Check back tomorrow for some nail art done with these polishes. Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:













4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see these swatched, I've noticed them on Etsy. I'd say I'm gonna have to pass on 'em, though. Just not a fan of the clumpy look and weird texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's understandable, everyone has different opinions. I agree about not being a fan of texture but I like the colors of Flame Warrior and Turbulent Space too much and am willing to look past it. I'm glad that I could be helpful and show you swatches though!

    ReplyDelete