Friday, August 8, 2014

Luxe Lacquers: August Box Review

Hello lovelies!

I have another Luxe Lacquers's box to review for you all today! I reviewed the July box last month and was really impressed with the polishes, so I was super excited to be given the chance to show you guys the August box!

Remember that Luxe Lacquers is an indie subscription box where the polishes are 5-free, cruelty free, and on trend with the latest colors at an affordable price. So, click on the "Read More" and let's get to the swatches!

*All swatches shown with 1 layer of HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat

luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish



First up is Rose! 
rose, cream, sheer, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

This is a sheer, cream crelly that reached this opacity in 4 coats. I found the formula of this was a little uneven and it could be streaky if you aren't careful. 

rose, cream, sheer, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

I've never owned a sheer polish like this before but I've been wanting one for a while! Wearing 1 coat of Rose makes my nails look healthy and covers my stained nails, this would be a nice base for a negative space design.

rose, cream, sheer, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish


Next up is Josette!
red, maroon, josette, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Josette is a deep, red polish with brownish undertones that took 2 coats to reach opacity. The formula on this was really easy to work with and it applied really well. Like most reds, this will stain your skin and cuticles if you aren't careful so take your time applying this.

red, maroon, josette, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

I'm not a huge fan of red polishes and I can't say that I was overly excited to see this in the box, but I think this polish will be perfect for Autumn. I don't have another red like this in my collection so it's a welcome addition.

red, maroon, josette, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Next is Chantal!
black, chantal, creme, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Chantal is your classic, black creme that only took 1 coat for opacity! This polish is a true black, any blue cast is from my topcoat, with an easy to work with formula.

black, chantal, creme, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Everyone needs a black creme in their stash and I think this is a good one to have! This is the only 1 coat, black polish in my collection and this will work really well for nail art.

black, chantal, creme, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Last up is Amelia!
blue, amelia, crelly, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

Amelia is a blue, crelly that I think leans a little towards the teal side. I used 2 thicker coats to reach this opacity but 3 thinner coats probably would have worked better. The polish applied easily but thicker coats caused it to bubble when it dried. 

blue, amelia, crelly, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

This is my favorite polish of the group mainly because it's blue and I love blue nail polish haha! I want to try using this polish for some pond nail art or a glitter sandwich.

blue, amelia, crelly, luxe lacquers, august, subscription box, indie, indie polish, swatches, hey darling polish

I'll admit that I was a little confused when I opened this box for the first time. I consider August a summer month because I'm off from school, so I was expecting some bright colors. But a lot of mainstream brands have been releasing "Summer to Fall" transition and Autumn collections already, so I can see where this fits in. These will probably get a lot of wear from me this upcoming Fall!


Here's how this subscription box works:
Luxe Lacquers subscriptions are $29.99 a month or bi-monthly for 4 polishes, or $19.99 for 2 polishes every month or every other. Every subscription has free shipping within the USA and Canada. These polishes were all great quality and the bottles actually hold 17mL! You can also cancel, pause, or suspend your account at anytime you want too. Or you can order individual colors from past boxes for $10.97 a bottle. Here's the links:


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I did some nail art with these so I'll have those up for you tomorrow. Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:













4 comments: