Friday, June 13, 2014

Indie Fridays! Love-A-Bull Lacquer - Summer Nights + Enduring Sunflower

Ello lovelies!

I'm back again with my Indie Friday feature! I wrapped up my Northern Star Polish collection last week and am now moving on to my Love-A-Bull Lacquer polishes! 

*All swatches are done with one coat of HK Girl Fast Drying Top Coat.

Let's get to it!
black, summer nights, silver, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

This first polish is called Summer Nights!



black, summer nights, silver, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

This polish has a black base. I don't know whether to call any of these glitter crellies? They seem too pigmented to be crelly like. Anyway, this polish has small silver hexes throughout it along with a blue shimmer. The formula was pretty easy to work with and only took 2 coats to be opaque!


I like this polish! It's not full on black because of the blue shimmer which I think makes it unique for me. I'm not normally big on shimmer since it can lead to brushstrokes but this polish is alright. I love the small, silver glitters throughout.

Next up is Enduring Sunflower! Also, don't mind the random nail length change. I swatches these at different times. 
yellow, golden yellow, gold, enduring sunflower, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

Enduring Sunflower is a golden yellow polish with a subtle shimmer to it. I think this might be 2 coats? Or 3? I really need to remember to take notes when I swatch. Whoops! This polish dries quickly to matte finish and has an easy to work with formula.

yellow, golden yellow, gold, enduring sunflower, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

This is seriously one of my favorite yellow polishes and I'm so mad at myself for forgetting that I own this! It's been hiding in my melmer for too long. Yellow polishes normally have bad formulas but this is great to work with. All yellow polishes need to apply like this one!

yellow, golden yellow, gold, enduring sunflower, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

I've included a shot of the polish without top coat so you can see the matte finish....or at least attempt to see it...
yellow, golden yellow, gold, enduring sunflower, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, love-a-bull lacquer,

I don't have any macros for today since the labels on these bottles wrap all the way around. 

Sadly, these polishes aren't available to buy and don't think that the maker sells polish at all anymore. I know that she is still active on Instagram though and does nail art so I'll link you guys to that and the store links in case she ever makes polishes again.


Here's another song for today:
Tonight Alive - 5 Years


Thanks for reading guys and have a great weekend!

-Marisa! (:









3 comments:

  1. Nice swatches and review of both shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous yellow!
    Here's to hoping the maker will make it available again someday in the future. ;)

    ReplyDelete