Monday, March 10, 2014

Music Monday: White Picket Fence's You Get Me High

Hello lovelies!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and if you're returning to work/school today, good luck! Haha I have no plans today. I should probably work on some homework but getting ahead on nail posts sounds like more fun! (:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, color block, green, brown, white picket fence, you get me high, hey darling polish

These are so earthy looking. Weird for me, but I dig it haha!

More after the jump:


nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, color block, green, brown, white picket fence, you get me high, hey darling polish

Here's the album art:
Source: Facebook
Here's what I used:

I don't know how I feel about these nails. I didn't have a polish to match the reddish brown so I improvised which that doesn't bother me. But after I finished these, I realized that I could have just used striping tape for the color blocking. That would have been quicker and the lines would have turned out cleaner…We'll just say that I was going for the rustic look…Yeah, rustic! Go with that! (;

nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, color block, green, brown, white picket fence, you get me high, hey darling polish

This is actually the 2nd Music Monday post that I've done for this band (here's the 1st). Maybe I just really miss this band haha! I didn't even realize that I've done them before until after I finished these. Whoops.

nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, color block, green, brown, white picket fence, you get me high, hey darling polish

I've never actually done color block nails before, I might have to try them again after this. These aren't a fail for me but they aren't exactly winning me over to much either. I'm a bit meh towards them. Let me know what you think!

I can't actually find a video of any of the songs off of this album but here's a link to their song, We Dance, which is on this album!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:














3 comments:

  1. They look interesting, like old paper. Did you sponge some brownish on top to get that aged look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted them to look a bit distressed. Haha thanks!

      Delete