Saturday, March 22, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursdays: Ruffles

Hello lovelies!

I'm so sorry for the no posts over the past 2 days. This has just been a really rough week between homework, I had a deadline for a design at my internship this week, and then one of the clubs that I'm in we're cutting it really close to our deadline of getting the book we're designing to the printer. We spent 8 hours in the studio last night working on it and we still have quite a bit to do before we can send it off *hopefully* on Monday morning. And basically any moment that I wasn't working, I would end up falling asleep. So, not too much time for blogging.

I promise that'll get my Indie Friday post up to you guys at some point, I'm aiming for Monday at this point. And I hope to get my posts set for this week so I don't miss out again, we're working late on the book again today though so who knows /:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, ruffles, yellow, green, blue, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

Can I just say right now, that I really strongly dislike creating ruffles manicures! They take so long and I can never get them to come out straight. D:

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, ruffles, yellow, green, blue, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

Here's what I used:

So, since I decided that I really hate doing the traditional ruffles manicure that I would try and come up with something different! I tried doing a ruffled framed effect but I'm not really sure if it worked. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, ruffles, yellow, green, blue, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

I went about this pretty stupidly too. I should have started with the yellow polish and then added the others on top. But instead, I started with the blue polish and then dotted the outsides on. It doesn't help that the 2 Sally Hansen polishes are super thick from being old, thinner didn't even help! This manicure ended up being super thick...so thick that it actually saved my nails when I accidentally cut at my nail with an x-acto knife....it just peeled off the polish and didn't hit my nail or skin. Haha lucky right!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, ruffles, yellow, green, blue, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

You know, when I wore these, I really hated them. Like I could not wait to take them off and I was embarrassed to show people my hands. But looking at them now, I kind of like them. They definitely could be better but it was a risk, and I need to take more risks!

Here's the upcoming themes:

And a song:
Set Your Goals - Like You To Me


Also, sorry for ranting! But remember back a few weeks ago to one of the Music Monday posts that I did? Specifically these ones for the band, The Lonely Forest? Well, one of the band members saw the picture and not only commented on the Instagram photo (SWOON) but also shared it to their Facebook page!!! GAHHHH! I was so excited and all the comments were so nice!! Check it out, it seriously made this crappy week so much better!


Thanks so much for reading guys and all of your support! Even if I disappear randomly haha, I came back for you though!!<3

-Marisa! (: