Sunday, January 12, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Week 2 - Shapes/Geometric

Hello lovelies!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I've spent mine at work and getting my car inspected (it passed! woo!) Meh, too many "adult" activities at once. I'm still not digging this whole getting older and being responsible stuff....Anyways, moving on from my life crisis me being a drama queen, I'm back with another post for FingerFood's Theme Buffet post!

Onto the nails!

nails, nail polish, nail art, geometric, triangles, studs, hey darling polish, theme buffet,

My shapes were triangles (you all knew that was coming) and squares!

More after the jump:



nails, nail polish, nail art, geometric, triangles, studs, hey darling polish, theme buffet,

Here's what I used:

I really like the design of these nails and the colors make me think of a nautical color scheme (basically anything red, white, and blue makes me think of a nautical theme for some reason, or Amurrrica....but that's another story). I had originally wanted to do more triangles within the triangles but for some reason, I was struggling so hard with using my striping tape this day that I just settled on this haha. Ugh, oh well haha.

nails, nail polish, nail art, geometric, triangles, studs, hey darling polish, theme buffet,

The studs are from this Bornprettystore set and I love them so much! The color choice for these nails was actually just an excuse to use my newly purchased OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh? that I randomly found at work. I'm really digging neutrals and darker shades lately, I liked the balance of the colors in these nails a lot!

nails, nail polish, nail art, geometric, triangles, studs, hey darling polish, theme buffet,

I'm going to have to revisit my original idea of all the triangles within triangles one of these days but for now, I'm really happy with these nails! I hope you enjoy them too!

Here are some of the upcoming prompts:


Today's song take 2:
VersaEmerge - Domesticated 

Thanks for reading and check out the ladies below!

-Marisa! (:




12 comments:

  1. AWW, your nails look soo cute!
    I love them, this mani looks perfect on your nails :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Marisa! They remind me of the red room in Twin Peaks (showing my age... lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha I'm going to be honest and admit that I googled that (it aired 2 years before I was born). It sounds like the kind of show that I would watch though!!

      Delete
  3. I totally got the nautical vibe from these too, very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I really like these! Love the pattern you created

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic mani well done love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely see where the nautical vibe is coming from. I am in love with the color combination, though, and that taupe color really ties the navy and orangey red together <3

    ReplyDelete