Friday, September 6, 2013

Northern Star Glequins

Hello lovelies!

So, today is the last day of my Tri Polish Challenge spin off week (and it's Friday :D!) 2nd week of college, equals done! I'm feeling a little better but I'm still sick and probably won't do anything except sleep and watch movies all weekend (Hello Jurassic Park marathon) (; I'm totally okay with this! 

On to the nails!


This week was also a lot of experimenting with glequins. I think they're fun and easy to use but can easily get time consuming and messy. The results are always pretty though!

More after the jump:





Now, I'm really happy with how these nails turned out but I think I would have liked them better if I wore them around Christmas....I don't know something just says Christmas to me, the accent nails remind of a Christmas tree topper. Who knows? Clearly, not me...haha

Here's what I used:

Again, glequins can be bought from BornPrettyStore: here! Rhinestones can be found: here. And I suggest everyone go pick up a bottle of New York Color's Spring Street because it's absolutely gorgeous and my photos do not do it justice!


I was kind of iffy about the colors of this manicure while wearing it only because the bright, red orange polish made my hands look really tan (which let me tell you, they are not! haha) but the brown was more mellow and kind of washed out my skin tone. Looking back at the photos, it looks okay now though. Maybe I'm just weird about my colors haha, meh.


What do you think of these nails? Would you try them?

Today's song:

Tonight Alive - The Ocean

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

-Marisa (:

2 comments: