Monday, September 2, 2013

How the Hex are you doing?

Hello lovelies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was super fun but busy, I haven't done any of homework but thankfully I have classes off this Monday. Score. (:

So, this week is going to be a little different. All my posts this week are from the week leading up to me moving back to college. I had to pack away all my nail polish (I almost cried!) but I left myself out 3 colors and nail art supplies so I could continue to paint my nails. It's like the Tri Polish Challenge, which I will be starting later this month!

BUT, on to the nails!

Nails, Nail Art, Sinful Colors Endless Blue, Sinful Colors Nirvana, Glequins

Aren't they pretty? I really enjoyed wearing these nails! The balance of the neutral brown against the bright blue made them really fun and they looked really classy.

More after the jump:




Now, if you're wondering what those silver hexes are, let me explain! These are commonly known throughout the nail art community as Glequins (dubbed by The Nailasaurus, she's also done nails like these!). They are just loose glitters that you can place on your nail. I bought a bunch of them from the BornPrettyStore: here. You get a ton in each container. They have a ton of nail art stuff, it's cheap, and they have worldwide free shipping! I just recently placed an order, can't wait till it comes!

Here's what polishes I used for this:

I told you, Endless Blue was like my favorite blue polish ever! Haha. 

I've also come to realize that I just simply talk way too much in all my posts, so I'm going to try and cut down on my babble and just show more nails. Sometimes less is more but YEAH! MORE NAILS!

Glequins, Sinful Colors Endless Blue, Sinful Colors Nirvana, Nail Art, Nail Polish

Glequins, Sinful Colors Endless Blue, Sinful Colors Nirvana, Nail Art, Nail Polish, Glitter

So, what do you think? Would you attempt to use glequins? How about the framed nail look?

Today's song:
Mansions - Dig Up The Dead

P.S- Have I ever mentioned that I really like puns? I just really suck at making them hehehe 

-Marisa (:




2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic -- I love the glequins on the brown especially! I think carefully placing each glequin would be beyond me though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! And yeah, it was a little time consuming but that's what Criminal Minds re-runs are for! (:

      Delete