Friday, September 13, 2013

Did We Just Get Classy?

Hello everyone!

It's Friday! This makes me soo happy! Even though my weekend will probably be filled with homework, I'm just happy for a chance to sleep haha! This week has been so stressful! I've spent at least 15+ hours this week on one project alone! But luckily, it's done! Gah!

Anyways, on to the nails!

Nails, Nail Art, New York Color French White Tip, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sinful Colors Black On Black, Glequins, Tape Manicure

I might enjoy wearing jeans and a crew neck sweater all the time, but my nails can be classy! (:

More after the jump:



Nails, Nail Art, New York Color French White Tip, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sinful Colors Black On Black, Glequins, Tape Manicure

I wanted to practice my tape placing skills and my glequin placement (which got lots of practice last week haha). My tape skills need a bit of improvement but I'm happy with what I did. I could picture myself wearing these to a gallery opening or an art show (that's what art kids do for fun haha)!

Here's the polishes I used:

My only problem with these nails is the colors I picked. I like the black tips and I like the black and the white together, but I think the white is just too stark for my skin. It's so bright and looks weird. I don't normally wear plain white nails for this reason. I'm also not a fan of the green accent nail. Maybe I should have done all my nails the green. I don't know, these just aren't doing it for me visually.

Nails, Nail Art, New York Color French White Tip, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sinful Colors Black On Black, Glequins, Tape Manicure

Nails, Nail Art, New York Color French White Tip, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sinful Colors Black On Black, Glequins, Tape Manicure

Regardless of what I think of the colors, I'll definitely try these again. Next time I have an event that I need to dress nicely for, this will probably be my go to design!

What do you think of these nails? Do these seem classy to you? Thoughts on the colors?

Today's song:

Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love

I just discovered this band but they're from my hometown! How cool!


-Marisa (:

P.S.- Do any of my followers mix their own nail polishes? Like indie glitters? Let me know!



6 comments:

  1. They definitely are classy, I love the glequins :) Ahh, I LOVE Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, it's an amazing color! I think the white and mint green combo is nice but white and indigo blue might be great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White and indigo could work! I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future! Thank you! (:

      Delete
  2. Definitely classy with the hint of sparkle ;)

    ReplyDelete